Individual Exchange Programme – Requirement and documentation
We are not an Internet contact agency. We do not accept any candidate without checking the legally required documentation. Do not take any risks: use a secure and established exchange agency.
Requirements for students participating in the Student Exchange Programme:
- Must be able to host and welcome their partner student at home.
- Speak English as a first language.
- Provide the student with an appropriate and comfortable single or shared bedroom.
- Offer full board (including breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and treat the student as a member of the family.
- Be understanding and open-minded to new cultures.
- Help the student to learn the English language and about British culture.
- Students under 18 must provide travel authorisation from parents or legal guardians.
- Read and accept the general conditions of the Exchange Programme.
- Provide all necessary documentation.
- Registration form online.
- Student application.
- Copy of ID or passport.
- Photos of the home and family.
- Parent or legal guardian authorisation.
- Confidentiality agreement signed.
- Read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) police check from host family members in order to accommodate students under 18 years old.
The period of the programme may vary depending on the preferences of each participant. Language Opportunity recommends that the length of the first exchange should be four weeks (two weeks in the country of destination and two weeks hosting).
It is advisable to make the booking in advance, at least two months prior to arrival. It will allow Language Opportunity to study the profiles and offer the most appropriate candidate to each participant. It will also be very helpful to establish a contact with the partner during the months prior to arrival, in order to create closer ties and thus a more enriching exchange.